The first step in problem solving and planning is to understand your problem and then to agree on your Goal. Only then can your team focus and be productive. The Goal this week is to complete your individual "management job" sections for your Event Proposal. To understand your "deliverables" and the objectives of the project, make sure you review the project overview, job descriptions, report requirements, rubrics, and schedule
This week we are learning about Planning, Setting Goals (P 47), The Venture Plan (Chapter 7), and the Project Plan. You should complete the following to prepare for your Interview Report, Event Proposal, and TEST next Tuesday, April 8.
- Watch Planning With Gill Video
- Read Chapter 7, The Venture Plan
- Watch The Business Report Template Video and Create your own Business Report Template using the Creating a Word Business Report Template Instructions found on the Business Report Page.
- Read the Section on Goal Setting on Pages 47-55.
- Read the Functions of Management on Pages 209-212.
- Last, but not least, Watch the Project Plan Video.
Your main task this week is to complete a first draft of your section of the Event Proposal. Review the Event Overview Document and Job Descriptions. You must print our your section and SUBMIT on Friday and also add to your Page on the Event page of the Wiki. Here is a brief summary of the draft sections of the Proposal Due Friday.
- Communications Manager - Executive Summary and Event Report Template. Review
- Marketing Manager - Preliminary Marketing Plan (Review Chapter 8 - Analyzing Your Market and the Marketing Section)
- Project Manager - Create an initial Project Plan including a summary of major risks or potential obstacle. Review Planning material listed above for the Planning Section.
- Finance Manger - Complete a Final Marketing Research Survey. Review feedback on your and other team members survey and update based on current Event and PCSS Organization information.
- Account Manager - Write a Summary page on the PCSS organization and cause you are promoting. Review Chapter 8. Analyzing Your Market). Include some history, organization information, and key contacts.
- Event Manager - Write a Preliminary overview of the Event and Duty Roster (Can have Teacher 1 until fill in) including as much detail as possible on the day, location, resource requirements (material and human), activities, pre-sales, auditions. Review Chapter 7, The Venture Plan.